Police in armed confrontation with possible Monterey Park mass shooting suspect after surrounding him

Police units are said to be involved in an armed confrontation, possibly with the suspect in the Monterey Park mass shooting.

UPDATE 20:51, Sunday 22 January

Monterey Park police have surrounded a person in the city of Torrancein the Los Angeles metropolitan area of ​​California.

It has not been confirmed at this time if this police activity involves the suspect wanted in connection with a mass shooting incident this morning in which 10 people were killed.

A white van, possibly the suspect’s getaway vehicle, was reportedly located and stopped after police earlier announced they were looking for a white van. Two SWAT teams are said to be involved in an armed confrontation with the occupant of the vehicle.

Unconfirmed reports online suggest the suspect took his own life.

UPDATE 12:20, Sunday 22 January: City Controller Kenneth Mejia releases statement following deaths in mass shootings during Chinese New Year celebrations in California.

In a tweet, he said his “heart goes out to those who lost loved ones tonight” in the “mass shooting.”

He added: “Monterey Park is home to one of the largest Asian communities in Los Angeles County, and many were celebrating Lunar New Year.”

UPDATE 12:10, Sunday January 22: Monterey Park police have confirmed that nine people have been killed in the shooting at a Chinese New Year festival in California.

Police came out to a reported shooting at a Chinese New Year celebration in the park in Monterey, a city near Los Angeles in California on Sunday, January 22.

Locals have taken to social media to post videos that appear to show police in the area and firefighters treating gunshot victims.

The shooting took place at a two-day festival to mark Chinese New Year in California, with tens of thousands of people gathering for it. Gunshots reportedly erupted on Garvey Avenue at 10 p.m. Los Angeles time on Saturday, January 21.

According to the LA Timesa local, Seung Won Choi, who owns a seafood barbecue restaurant near where the shooting occurred, three people ran into his restaurant and told him to lock the door.

He said he had been told there was a man with a machine gun in the area with several rounds of ammunition and he was reloading as he went.

The restaurant owner claimed the shooting took place at a dance club in the area.

Another local, John, told the LA Times: “My first concern was that I know they’re celebrating Lunar New Year.” He told the publication that he saw a person on a stretcher and another person with a bandage on their arm.


Thank you for taking the time to read this article, remember to come back and check euro weekly news website for all your up to date local and international news and remember, you can also follow us on Facebook Y instagram .


coins
coins
coins
coins
coins
coins
coins
coins
coins
coins
coins
coins
coins
coins
coins
coins
coins
coins
coins
coins
coins
coins
coins
coins
coins
coins
coins
coins
coins
coins
coins
coins
coins
coins
coins
coins
coins
coins
coins
coins

By yjawq

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *