You are your own brand; For example, if you are looking for a new job, try to promote yourself and look good.
Self-promotion can be elusive for some people or not a high priority in their lives. daily work – however, it may be important for you to advertise your abilities and personality traits. Henry Ford already recognized the importance of self-promotion, it is said that he said “if you do not advertise, you die.” It was probably coined for companies, but it can also be applied to people.
Why is self-promotion useful?
Perhaps you know the saying “do good and talk about it”? So you already know the answer to why it is important to promote yourself. The goal is to let people know what skills you have, what you have achieved or can achieve and what successes you have already achieved. This is the only way you can develop and achieve more in your career. Internally in the company, you must ensure that your superiors and bosses are aware of your Skills They are aware.
These tips will make your achievements more visible
- Share your ideas and opinions: Don’t just listen when things are discussed in the team, share your views; this will draw attention to you and can also help the company to develop further.
- Take Responsibility: When important tasks come up, do you duck? This is the wrong signal for self-marketing. Dare to take on difficult tasks and show courage.
- reflection: Know your own strengths and weaknesses, then you can work on your potential.
- Be helpful: If you have team spirit and support your fellow students with problems, you also show your qualities.
- communication: For example, present successes in team meetings, this way you make sure that your boss notices your achievements.
- Don’t overdo it: You know the saying “the dose makes the poison”? This also applies in this area: don’t put yourself too in the foreground and don’t overemphasize your successes. Always stick to the truth.
When will automarketing help me?
do you intend to enter salary negotiations with your boss, then you need arguments as to why you should earn more money. This is where self-marketing can help you: if you are clear about what you are doing and the successes you have brought to the company, the demand for more salary is more likely to be met. On the other hand, a clear vision of your skills also helps you when you are looking for a job.