1. tz
  2. Sports
  3. Football

Created:

Of: Antonio Jose Riether

The host of the World Cup last year, Qatar, asked many artists to attend the opening ceremony. American rapper Eminem has apparently turned down a lucrative offer.

Detroit – In the Vanquished Soccer World Cup in Qatar the host left no stone unturned to sell the four-week event to the best of his ability. In addition to the soccer tournament, the emirate also invested in renowned ambassadors such as David Beckham or Lothar Matthaus. But for the musical acts at the opening ceremony, Qatar wanted to attract as many prominent artists as possible. As is now known, said the American rapper Eminem de – despite a high bid.

World Cup 2022 in Qatar
Period: November 20 to December 18
Participants: 32 national teams
World Champion: Argentina
World runner-up: France

World Cup 2022: Qatar asked many artists to perform at the opening ceremony, some said clearly

At the opening of the 22nd FIFA World Cup finals in Qatar As expected, many well-known musicians performed. BTS K-pop superstar Jungkook performed, and the Black Eyed Peas also performed. American actor Morgan Freeman, who preached tolerance and respect during his performance, was the moderator. Of course, in a country where homosexuality is a criminal offence.

So it’s no surprise that many musicians have voiced criticism before Qatar’s consultations and have gone public with their denials. British pop singer Rod Stewart, for example, publicly reacted to Qatar’s million-dollar offer, saying it was “not right to leave.” He justified his decision with the oppression of homosexuals. The British-Albanian singer Dua Lipa and the Colombian Shakira also clearly rejected the organizers.

World Cup 2022: 50 Cent reveals cancellation of Eminem’s opening ceremony

But not only Rod Stewart, Dua Lipa and Shakira showed a clear advantage against Qatar. At the Superbowl last February, American rappers 50 Cent and Eminem performed alongside Mary J. Blige and Dr. Dre and other rap personalities caused a sensation during the legendary halftime show.

However, Qatar was unable to convince the two rap icons for a second appearance at a sporting event, as Curtis Jackson, aka 50 Cent, has now revealed. In an interview with the radio station ROYAL 92.3 He recently said that the organizers of the World Cup had made him a lucrative offer to play in Qatar.

Eminem canceled the opening show of the World Cup and handed over a lot of money.
Eminem canceled the opening show of the World Cup and handed over a lot of money. © Future Image/Shutterstock/imago

Cancellation of World Cup appearance in Qatar: Eminem probably gave up eight million dollars

“They had a budget of nine million dollars,” 50 Cent recalled in an interview, adding: “It would have been one for me, eight for Eminem.” The 47-year-old then sent the offer to his colleague Eminem’s management and received a definitive response. “Paul Rosenberg (Eminem’s manager, Indicated. editorial) He said he wouldn’t,” Jackson said.

Nothing is known about the exact background to the decision by Eminem, whose real name is Marshall Bruce Mathers III. However, facing his protest action at the Superbowl, the Qatari could have already responded that it was rejected. Eminem got down on one knee during his performance. – a gesture meant to draw attention to racist injustices in the country, especially in the United States. (Ajr)

NBA
NBA
NBA
NBA
NBA
NBA
NBA
NBA
NBA
NBA
NBA
NBA
NBA
NBA
NBA
NBA
NBA
NBA
NBA
NBA
NBA
NBA
NBA

By yjawq

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *