With solvent and a cloth, light scratches or paint chips can often be easily removed. Use it sparingly. Here are some useful examples.
Many have one at home. bathroom foot: nail polish remover. But, have you ever thought that you can use it to remove marks other than those on your nails? Strong solvent is considered a small all-rounder around the home because of the acetone it contains. Here are some examples of where you can use it sparingly in everyday life.
Lifehack: Many surfaces can be cleaned with nail polish remover
- Don’t have time for an elaborate shoe polish? No problem: if you have to be quick (as an exception), you can simply treat small scratches on the rubber sole with a cotton ball and a few drops of nail polish remover. Leather shoes can also be treated by rubbing worn areas with it. “Then wash with a little soapy water, dry and treat as usual with leather care,” the women’s magazine advises. Brigitte.de. White cloth shoes, meanwhile, are fairly easy to clean with baking soda and lemon.
- Nail polish remover can also be used to remove some paint splatters on smooth walls, window frames, or furniture around the home. The same goes for ink blots, as long as the surface is smooth. According to the women’s magazine, dirt or scratches on the tiles can also be removed more easily with the help of the practical all-rounder. Test it.
- Even small scratches from smartphone, watch or laptop screens can be loud chip.de agree to ditch the use of nail polish remover. However, this only works on plastic, while acetone cannot remove scratches on glass. So how does it work on plastic? Nail polish remover should be dripped onto a thin cloth and used to gently work on the screen. And so until the scratches are no longer visible, according to the town hall.
- According to the magazine, you can even remove burned plastic, for example on the plate, with nail polish remover, put a few drops on a cloth and rub it. “Process this area thoroughly and clean it completely. Preferably with clean water,” the online article says. Because, of course, none of the strong solvent should remain on the metal surface. With a ceramic hob, you have to use other cleaning agents instead..
- Adhesive residues or, for example, old bullet residues that can no longer be removed properly from the car window can also be removed with the help of nail polish remover.
Always use agent sparingly and clean surfaces thoroughly with water where appropriate. If you do come into direct contact with it, wash your hands thoroughly afterwards, because the acetone shouldn’t stay on your skin.
Clean items at home with baby powder
By the way, baby powder is also considered a small all-rounder in the household. – with the help of powder, for example, greasy stains on clothes or carpets can be removed.