More and more people suffer from fatty liver. There are no drugs against it. However, patients can change their diet to heal their liver.
In Germany, every third adult and every third of overweight children suffer from fatty liver that is not caused by alcohol: Unlike the so-called AFLD (Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease), non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, also known like NAFLD (Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease), it develops previously mainly due to an unhealthy diet. A fatty liver is not harmless, after all it increases the risk of serious diseases such as race Y Myocardial infarction. It is even more important to pay attention to your diet and eat foods that promote liver health and can cure fatty liver.
Fatty liver: support and prevent scarring with five foods
With a fatty liver they are loud online focus more than five percent of liver cells become fatty, with a fatty liver it is more than 50 percent. As with fatty liver caused by alcohol, it can also result in the non-alcoholic form. hepatitis develop. Inflammation of the liver causes the organ to stiffen and lose its ability to function over time. This increases the risk of Liver cancer. In addition, serious complications such as high blood pressure, thyroid disorders, type 2 diabetesheart attack, stroke and also dementia off. The good news, however, is that you can prevent and even cure fatty liver with certain foods. You can soothe and support your liver and contribute to its regeneration with the following foods:
- Integral products: Products such as whole wheat bread or whole wheat pasta help the liver due to their complex carbohydrates. Also, the metabolism of carbohydrates is delayed due to its healthy dietary fiber. This can help prevent food cravings because blood sugar doesn’t spike soon after eating.
- blueberries: They contain the secondary plant substance anthocyanin, which is responsible for their blue color, which is why they are also called blueberries in some regions of Germany. Anthocyanin also has a protective and supportive role for the liver.
- Vegetables and fruits with a bitter taste: These include, for example, artichokes, radicchio, chicory and grapefruit. They stimulate the breakdown of fat in the liver.
- Spices like ginger and turmeric: Curcumin, a plant compound found in turmeric, protects the liver from some toxins. Turmeric can also reduce the risk of fatty liver developing into inflammation of the liver and cirrhosis of the liver. This is a serious liver disease that can result from alcohol abuse or hepatitis and replaces functional liver tissue with connective tissue.
- Healthy fats like those found in nuts and vegetable oils: Particularly healthy polyunsaturated Omega-3 fatty acids of plants help an existing fatty liver get rid of fatty ballast. They also protect against the accumulation of new fat. Vitamin E, which is also found in nuts and vegetable oils, also strengthens the liver against inflammation.
Fatty liver: dietary habits that can help heal
In addition to the foods mentioned, types of cabbage such as broccoli are also suitable for a healthy liver. The phytochemicals they contain, such as mustard oil glycosides, activate the liver and bile and contribute to detox a. But not only certain foods relieve fatty liver. Some eating habits can also help healing and prevent fatty liver. Those affected should reduce calories and take longer breaks to eat.
This article only contains general information on the respective health topic and is therefore not intended for self-diagnosis, treatment or medication. It in no way replaces a visit to the doctor. Unfortunately, our editors cannot answer individual questions about clinical pictures.